The CESU Network National Awards recognize efforts of individuals, groups, institutions, or projects that have contributed substantially to the development, implementation, or accomplishments of the CESU Network. Awards highlight the collaborative structure of CESUs and reflect the achievement of federal and nonfederal partners working together. Awards will be announced and presented at the 2022 CESU Network National Meeting.
Any representative of a CESU Network partner organization (federal or nonfederal) is eligible for a CESU Network National Award. Nominations can represent any of the following categories:
- Individual – e.g., student, educator, scientist, staff, administrator, site manager
- Group – e.g., group of individuals or team
- Organization – e.g., one or more CESU partner institutions or agencies
- Project – e.g., one or more CESU projects
The criteria used to select recipients are intended to be broad and flexible, reflecting the range of activities involved in the CESU concept, and fall into the following general categories:
- Significant contribution(s) to the development of the CESU concept and/or Network.
- Innovative use of the CESU Network through development of new and valuable collaboration(s).
- Application of CESU-affiliated research, technical assistance, and/or education efforts or outputs to inform decision-making or stewardship activities.
Any representative of a CESU partner organization (federal or nonfederal) may submit a nomination. A complete award nomination package must include all of the required elements listed below. Nomination packages must be submitted via email to the CESU Network National Office (c/o Tom_Fish@nps.gov) and include “2022 CESU Award” in the subject line. The deadline for submissions is Tuesday, 31 May 2022.
Award Nominations – Required Information
- Name, title, and affiliation of nominee(s), including full contact information (mailing address, phone, email).
- Brief description (<500 words) of accomplishment in terms of one or more of the award criteria (above).
- Names and contact information for two references knowledgeable about the accomplishment, but not nominated for the award.
- Name, title, and affiliation of nominator, including full contact information (mailing address, phone, email).
Note: Nomination packages may include supporting materials, such as published papers, reports, photographs, or other pertinent documentation, as appropriate.
Evaluation and Selection Process
All nominations will be reviewed and evaluated by a subcommittee of the CESU Council. The subcommittee will select finalists for consideration by the CESU Council. The CESU Council will select the National Award winners in advance of the CESU Network National Meeting in June 2022. Each CESU Network National Award will include a letter of recognition and framed certificate from the CESU Council.
Contact the CESU Network National Office with any related questions.
A PDF version of the call for nominations is available HERE.