Park Rx America
Visit Courtney's Research Website
Human health and wellbeing, nature exposure, nature-based health interventions, equity, recreation, park useView Courtney's CV
With nearly a decade of experience leading research projects for local, state and federal agencies, Dr. Schultz has developed an expertise in the design and execution of behavioral health research across the lifespan—all with the focus of integrating nature exposure into a salutogenic healthcare approach for communities. Dr. Schultz has unique research and community service experience related to underserved communities and in identifying public health goals support by public parks and trails in both community and clinical settings.
Dr. Courtney Schultz is the Research Fellow for Park Rx America. Dr. Schultz Adjunct Faculty for the University of Missouri and is also the Executive Director of Health and Technology Partners, a social science research consultancy dedicated to improving wellbeing through cooperative partnerships with healthcare providers, communities, and natural resources. Additionally, she sits on the advisory council for the SHIFT Emerging Leaders Program, and is a SHIFT Emerging Leader (’19).
- Ph.D. Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Management. NC State University.
- M.S. Parks and Recreation Management. University of Missouri.
- B.S. Parks and Recreation Management. University of Missouri.
Ongoing and Recent CESU Projects
- 2019-present ‘Developing guidelines for the design and management of forest therapy trails’ (Northern Research Station Research Joint Venture Agreement with Park Rx America)
Current Projects include:
- Health and Nature Program Partners Toolkit (Funded by National Association of State Park Directors and the Blue Cross Blue Shield North Carolina Foundation)