4400 Vestal Pkwy E
Science 2 G12
Binghamton, New York 13902
Visit Yuxin's Research Website
Dr. Yuxin Wang’s research focuses on the risk assessment of contaminants arising from society and technological development. Her primary research interests are in water quality challenges arising from human activities, developing laboratory experiments and mechanistic models, and exposure risk assessment for contaminants in natural and engineered systems (drinking water and wastewater treatment systems).View Yuxin's CV
Dr. Wang is an Assistant Professor at Environmental Studies in Binghamton University. Before joining Binghamton University, Wang was a postdoctoral associate in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Cornell University, and a visiting instructor in Sustainable Engineering at SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry. Wang has also applied her knowledge as an expert witness for water discharge litigation. Since receiving her PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering at Carnegie Mellon University, she has researched chemical contamination and engineered new remediation strategies for wastewater in both academic and private sector settings.
- Postdoc, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Cornell University;
- PhD, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University;
- MS, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University;
- BS, Environmental Science, Sun Yat-Sen University.
Ongoing and Recent CESU Projects
Currently no CESU projects. I would like to work with CESU on future projects.
- PFAS thermal degradation;
- PFAS remediation in the environment, industry wastewater and air emission;
- Hydraulic fracturing in PA affecting surface water and drinking water quality;
- Battery recycling and its environmental impacts.