It’s been almost one year since we launched the CHWA CESU Experts Database. Since then, the database has become a valuable tool for federal agencies seeking research expertise and for researchers at university and non-profit institutions seeking potential collaborators. Realizing that the value of the database to partners diminishes if the content becomes stale and inaccurate, we’ve recently rolled out a new updating feature.
Review/Update a Profile
We are asking those who have already created their profiles on the database to review the posted information for accuracy and make any needed updates by the annual meeting in the fall. Instructions for reviewing and updating profiles were emailed to experts in April. We are asking that everyone login and view their profile following the procedure provided below even if you have no changes to make. If you review your profile in any other way (e.g., by searching for your name from the Experts Database on the website), we will not be able to confirm that you have verified that your profile is up-to-date and accurate. Any profiles not reviewed by the deadline will be considered abandoned and be deactivated.
- To login to your profile, proceed to the following url: https://chwacesu.org/login/
- Login with the credentials emailed to you in April.
- After you login, a form will load that will allow you to make updates to most of the fields associated with your profile. Once you have made all of your modifications, be sure to click the “Update” button at the bottom of the form to commit your changes. Upon clicking the update button, you will be taken to your new profile where you can review it one last time for accuracy.
Most of the fields are self-explanatory, but if you have trouble, check out our tutorial that includes screen captures. Please keep the following in mind when updating your profile:
- If you opt to upload a new profile photo, keep in mind that portrait orientation images work the best. Image files must be less than 100 MB in size but larger than 334 by 334 pixels. Permitted file types include: png, jpg, and jpeg.
- You may also upload an updated copy of your CV. This should be in pdf format.
We will repeat this review process annually to ensure the database remains current.
Create a Profile
Those researchers who have not yet created a profile on the database can do so by following these steps:
- Have a file copy of your CV (.doc or .docx) and a profile photo or head shot (at least 334×334 pixels but less than 100 MB in size as a png, gif, jpg, or jpeg) ready to upload to the site.
- Complete the online application found at https://chwacesu.org/expert-database-application/
- Once submitted, your application will be reviewed for completeness and posted to the database. Please note that the information you submit will be available to and searchable by the public.
If you have any questions about updating or creating profiles on the CHWA CESU Experts Database, please contact Katie Kline at email@example.com.