The Future Park Leaders (FPL) of Emerging Change program is now accepting student applications for paid internships for summer 2020. Join the next generation of national park stewards! FPL interns gain valuable work experience, develop leadership skills, and explore future career options under the mentorship and guidance of the National Park Service (NPS).
Upon successful completion, interns are eligible to be hired without competition into the National Park Service and other bureaus under the Department of the Interior’s Direct Hire Authority
Students summer internships offer:
- Full-time work for 12 weeks
- Pay $16/hour
- An all expense-paid student symposium in Washington DC
- Be mentored by a NPS supervisor
- Network with federal employees
- Eligible for Direct Hire Authority upon program completion
Deadline for application is January 24, 2020. For more information or to apply, visit the official program website.