Department of the Interior: National Park Service, National Mall and Memorial Parks, Division of Resource Management
Open & closing dates: 09/22/2020 to 10/05/2020
This job will close when we have received 100 applications which may be sooner than the closing date.
Pay scale & grade: GS 11
Salary: $72,030 to $93,638 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Location: 1 vacancy in Washington, DC
Relocation expenses reimbursed: No
Telework eligible: Yes as determined by agency policy
This position provides direction over extensive museum collections and carries out responsibilities in the four museum functions of collections, exhibits, research and education.
Open to the first 100 applicants or until 10/05/2020 whichever comes first. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration.
- Provides overall registration support for multiple diverse museum collections.
- Monitors collection condition and takes corrective action to preserve objects.
- Ensures proper procedures and standards are followed for accessioning, deaccessioning, cataloging and inventorying museum collections.
- Maintains proper conditions for preservation, fire security, protection and storage and reports on conditions of museum facilities.
- Oversees maintenance of all records and documentation for museum collections using automated systems.
- Develops and implements work plans and schedules, project statements, scopes of work, cost estimates and proposals to justify funding requests.
- Plans and implements proper curatorial procedures for exhibits and contributes to interpretive exhibit development.
- Rehouses objects using appropriate materials for their long-term preservation.
Travel Required: Not required
Supervisory status: No
Promotion Potential: None